Hello and welcome to Dawgs Central.
As we start this journey, it’s important to tell you why we are here, what we are hoping to achieve, and how we plan to bring our subscribers a valuable experience that they won’t find anywhere else on the web…
In the broadest sense, Dawgs Central is a collective of your favorite independent UGA personalities. We have come together because we believe our strengths as creators complement one another well, and by working together we will give Georgia fans a one-stop shop for all of their UGA content needs.
College football fans consume this sport from many different angles. They may go to one place for recruiting news or practice notes. They take to Twitter to consume analysis from their favorite media personalities and interact with people about the latest headlines concerning their team. Then they go to YouTube to watch film reviews or other analysis. They go to another place to get deep dive statistical info. In-between all of that, they may go to a few different podcasts. One of those may feature high-level football analysis. Another show might be about the experiences of fellow fans while tailgating or living through the emotional swings of the game. The average fan can have a dozen different content touch points in a given week.
This shift has been great in many ways, but it has also created some problems...
- Subscriber only forums are often filled with threads that are hijacked by a small handful of posters who engage in bad faith arguments and attempt to out shout anyone that doesn’t agree with them. Those users negatively affect the experience for all. In the midst of all of this, the average subscriber is just trying to get the attention of the one or two experts on the site who will answer the question they are posing.
- Any social media user with a decent following inevitably attracts users who aren’t there to engage in intelligent debate. With so many sources of content, most fans spend their days toggling between streaming audio apps, YouTube, social media platforms, and different sites on their web browsers. One can get whiplash trying to switch back and forth between on-field analysis, the latest intel, dissection of press conferences, etc.
- There are a lot of people telling us what happened, but very few are analyzing what the event actually means or how/why the event happened in the first place. There is more content than ever, but there is far less actual substance to be found in that content than at any point before.
- Fans who love sports because it offers a break from politics and other current events are often find themselves sifting through political opinions to try and get to the content they actually want to consume.
At Dawgs Central you will experience…
- Access to an ever growing team of creators with their own areas of expertise. They will be creating great articles, podcasts, and videos for you, but you will also have the opportunity to interact with our team on a daily basis.
- A holistic approach to consuming UGA Athletics that includes… The latest inside intel on recruiting, practices, coaching hires, and anything else happening at UGA from multiple well sourced staff members. Full access to deep dive film analysis on games, players, and recruits. You will get the most comprehensive advanced statistical analysis in the UGA space, and you will be able to interact with our team’s data. You will learn why those stats matter and how they change the outcome of games. You will read, listen to, and watch interviews with current, former, and future Bulldogs. You will get weekly game previews and gambling data that was the most accurate UGA analysis available in 2021.
- A mature college football community. We encourage debate and healthy disagreement, and we believe it can be done without personal attacks. Users who consistently make bad faith arguments or hijack threads over and over will be banned.
- Fan events like live Q&A’s with creators, virtual bourbon tastings, interactive film studies, and MUCH MORE
- Whatever you want… Yes, we will have new content for you to consume every day, but we are also here to interact with our subscribers. Want to know the inside details on what’s happening with a certain recruit? Ask us. Want the truth on position battles and personnel decisions? Ask us. Want a five minute breakdown of Kenny McIntosh’s TD pass to AD Mitchell in the Orange Bowl with in-depth telestration? Well, you get the point…
This is YOUR community. Help us create it.